Thursday 19 May 2011

Munros & whisky: Number15& a start

If anyone noticed my absence, I was walking in the Glen Shiel area with Walkers With Altitude, our redoubtable walking club. On the first day we did the South Shiel Ridge, over 2000m of climbing, 7 Munros & 24Km by the time we took the sensible route off the last Munro as knees didn't allow the sheer route. It took 12 hours, has to be another challenge!


 The second day would have been the stunning views from the Five Sisters of Kintail, tantalising glimpses to tempt us to try again.

 Day 3 was more or less rain&galed-off.
 The selection of whiskies in the Cluanie Inn nearly made up for it though, between the group & a couple of other defenceless walkers I tasted 17 of them, happy to go back for the rest to make up 60 as Chris suggested.


I also found several flowers I've not yet identified, any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment