Saturday 2 July 2011

Great nephew

On Thursday, Amy & I went to visit Alec, my great nephew (how old that makes me sound!) and Clare of 3BT fame. He's now at 6/12 a real person with definite ideas of what is & isn't done. Waiting for drinks is on the BAD list, bread & avocado on the GOOD, cherry ice-cream is still uncertain, but an interesting experience. I'd forgotten how easily they fall asleep, a couple of bites of bread, then in mid-burble ... splat!


This weekend is taken up by the traditional Musical-over-a-weekend at the girls' old school, I think this is my 9th or 10th. Alice this year, we've done the Wizard of Oz, Grease, Bugsy Malone, Little Shop of Horrors, Disco Inferno (Faust), Return to the Forbidden Planet (The Tempest), Back to the 80s, Dracula Spectacular & Treasure Island. We used to do them to raise money for SNAP, our Special Needs DofE scheme. This no longer happens as it's on the curriculum at local schools, but the musical goes on. I help with costumes, it's a bit less manic than usual this year, very organised. we get together for the first time on Friday afternoon, the show goes on on Monday evening. I'll give an update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment