Thursday 8 September 2011

Defacing portraits and books

Today's exercises included a speech bubble on yesterday's portrait, and decorating it suitably "I'd rather be climbing trees after creepy crawlies" seemed appropriate as I had obviously been scrubbed & polished. The afternoon session included putting a recent photo, of me grovelling to photograph a flower, in an A1 background. As I was taking a macro photo I made it a nightmarish picture with all the surrounding flowers , spiders & beetles huge. The caption says "There's something seriously weird about my macro"

We then had to cut up an old book to make, then caption collages. My book was on natural disasters, so ended up a bit doom&gloom.
I chatted to the only other student not to have art A level, she suggested 60 daily drawings outside Uni work, a good challenge. I'll make them small to put into some sort of collage.

1 comment:

  1. its really cool hearing about you doing similar things to what we did :) after next week ill see you around uni!

    ReplyDelete