Saturday 8 October 2011

Knitting show

A must for anyone remotely interested in the arty side of needlecrafts, the whole place is full of vibrating colours, buzzing artists, more materials than I could imagine using and ideas from enthusiasts to last a lifetime or two. I chatted to many people, including Ruth Lee, who's the subject of my research project on textiles. I discovered her as a knitter, but she now does prints on fine fabrics, some like the first are multi-layered.


Here are some more of the treasure trove:

I love the way the embroidery spills onto the surround, the mixed textures and the felt sky.


The witch was almost unique in being fun rather than beautiful.


 This one is hand made lace, she's been doing it for 35 years!


I have to try this, mixed photographs with mixed media, felt embroidery and all sorts.


And finally, a ball gown for the more-adventurous-than-I




1 comment:

  1. wow those all look amazing :D i like the textury landscape too and the ball gown - i like the bottle caps sewn in!

    ReplyDelete