Thursday 7 June 2012

Final show, Solo animation, books.

It's the private view of our final show tonight, the open to anyone for the next week. I hope it'll be well attended to celebrate the end of a brilliant year. I'm so envious of my classmates who are carrying on to a degree, but £30,000 would be a lot to pay for a whim. I'm not sure I could keep up the working-until-11pm for 3 whole years! I do, though have the kit at home to play, and Will, one of the tutors has helped set it all up. Have a look at his whimsical award-winning stuff at wrongboy. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, sums-experimental is my first solo attempt, a bit lacking in depth & story, but it's given me a taster of the new software. I look forward to producing something better when I'm more familiar with it all.

I'm also back on the 60-mind-improving-books-trail as I have time, and the weather is uninviting for gardening. My decision is final as to what has improved my mind, but ideas welcome. I'll post them in groups, if possible with some link, like poetry or biography. They won't all be as long as Monte Cristo, I'd never finish. I've just finished "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" 750 or so pages in 2 days is an indication of how much I enjoyed it, but can't really call the trilogy "mind-improving", maybe in 20 years if it survives as a classic.

1 comment:

  1. I like the animation! the clay bit is especially good :)
    I don't think a book has to be considered a classic in order for you to gain something from it.

    ReplyDelete