Monday 25 June 2012

New Orchid, Geology, Gargoyles.

R & I went to Portland for the weekend, combining some walking with his OU Geology field trip, so on Saturday afternoon I was let loose to wander at a sensible pace. I found gargoyles at Osmington and pyramidal orchids on the coast path; careful watchers might have noticed I saw this  last year, be patient!
The geology is fascinating, but I'll leave details to the experts, the beach awash with fossils, so many they build the churches out of them.









On Sunday we walked from Littlebredy to Abbotsbury and back, a good route for a short day, and found a single common spotted, but the new one's a clump of Southern Marsh Orchid. That's 14 since I abandoned film. I've seen bee orchids in the past, but they have to be digital & here to count.






And of course I had to add a creepy crawly.




No comments:

Post a Comment