Wednesday 12 September 2012

43: Going Wild!

To avoid walking withdrawal, Laura Nick & I went wild camping in the Rhinogs, South of Snowdonia at the weekend with the walking club. The weather was (mostly) kind to us, but we all ended up a bit the worse for a rampant fluey bug & the effects of carrying tents, food & all. None of us is used to that so I think it counts as a new thing, when we went in namibia we didn't have tents, so it was a lot easier.
The first morning was misty, with more voracious midges than I've ever met before.




The second was clear, beautiful and a small breeze kept us free from man-eaters, although one of the small ponds had more newts than I thought it could sustain, I wonder if they eat midge larvae? If so, a good reason to encourage them.






No comments:

Post a Comment