Wednesday 27 February 2013

More B than G.

After my 3GOWTs, I think I should outnumber them with BTs by at least 2:1, here are the first 1/2 of the BTs
1) Deciding to be more B than G, hoping it will spill into everyday life.
2) Seeing people pushing little people in buggies and chatting to them, I used to regard it as a wonderful time to tell stories, or point out flowers of ducklings.
3) Seeing catkins open, just waiting for a warm puff to send their pollen off to the nearby sea-anemone-flowers.
4) I always love to see the first flowers creeping out of the ground, one of them is Puschkinia libanotica, the striped squill. The name tickled a 30 month old Amy, giggling and asking each time we passed what it was called. Several months later she astounded a group of old (probably the age I am now) ladies by squatting down to some other little blue ground hugger "That's a libanotica!", now a bit of a family phrase, and the reason it's my very favourite spring gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment