Saturday 2 March 2013

47 Messy!

L&A gave me a pottery taster day as an early Birthday present, so I had a go today. We started by rolling sheets of clay and shaping them into a dish mould before decorating, not too hard.



After lunch we were let loose on The Wheel, that's what I'd really wanted to try. The hardest bit is centring the blob so it doesn't wobble and self destruct. I found it really difficult to feel which way it was going, but practice will sort it out! After that bit it was easier than I'd expected, the results were OK.




It was very rushed, I could have spent another day decorating them, but I'm hooked and will have another go, probably a longer course.

2 comments:

  1. These look great! :D really glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be interesting to see the final result, baked & glazed.

    ReplyDelete