Wednesday 1 May 2013

Finished at Last.

In an earlier post I mentioned my pottery taster day, as a present from L&A. I have indeed signed up for a term's worth of classes giving me time to finish my first attempts properly.




This one is thrown, i.e. done on a wheel, horribly messy and hard to get right but I think I;m sort of getting the idea now. the inside is melted glass. The flowers on the outside weren't quite as expected, the galze seemed to blur the outlines, but the final result's OK-ish. I'll improve!


This is also thrown, but got a bit squashed. The label on the colours said bright green & yellow, lost something in the kiln, but the effect is quite nice, a bit earthy and natural rather than the bright I'd aimed for.







These two are simpler, rolled like pastry and pressed into a former. The colours are a bit washed out too, but the shapes worked.


2 comments:

  1. I love the snail pot! Was it Bubba or Bron who had those mugs with snails in the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That was me! Amy used to have pet slugs & snails, and draw pages of little spirals, so I made this one for her.

    ReplyDelete