Sunday 27 October 2013

Morocco 2: Flowers

I said a while back I'd try to identify all the thins I put on my blog, but that really only meant British plants and creatures, and their easily spotted relatives. Contrary to popular belief I'm not superwoman! Any educated guesses most welcome.



I've seen this at the RBG Kew, but have no idea what it is.




The flower looks like a Helianthemum (rock rose) but the leaves more fleshy than any I've met before. Maybe just ideally suited to dry mountainous terrain.


Ipomoea (morning glory) is an easy one, the vibrant colours in a great jumble over buildings fade by lunch-time.


Another mystery, the plant's a bit like a Rhipsalis, but the fruit isn't: more like a yew!


The nasty sticky calyx suggests this is a pale lilac Plumbago, I used to have a blue one, they're a disaster indoors, you can't get them off the carpet.


Has to be a Dianthus, no idea which, Google didn't come up with any useful websites..




Three views of an everlasting flower, the size of the dark purple markings varies a lot.


Dodder, a family of parasitic plants common here on gorsey heathland.


A Centaurea, but not like our purple-to-blue ones. It would be good to grow these little flaming gems.


Marigolds on someone's wall, always remind me of temples in Kathmandu.


A little spleenwort lurking in a moist rocky crevice.


Too many Campanulas to try & pin-point this little gem, so delicate to survive the harsh environment & voracious goats.


Wonderful sizzling sunshine!



A watery buttercup is the closest I can get.



Just like an English-lawn-daisy, but a delicate pink, I might be less inclined to weed this one out.


A scented Daphne (always nearly call them Daphnia!)


Walnuts, feature in a lot of recipes. Harvest time while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment