Friday 20 December 2013

Pottery

After two terms I'm just beginning to get the hang of throwing pots, it's all to do with keeping your wrists straight! In one of our classes only one other (expert) person turned up, so I had Julie's full attention for two hours, very helpful but hard work.
The shapes are definitely improving, but the really fun bit is experimenting with glazes and metal oxides. Here are some of the latest batch, what do I do with dozens of little pots?
                                    For any other aspiring potters, I'll describe what I've done


BTK then Transmutation, unpredictable but sadly never gold! The red & green inside are glass.


Intense Black outside, Shiny White inside. I didn't record blue so I'm not sure if I added blue or if it's a reaction between the other two. I'll experiment next term.


Shiny White with Bristol on the outside.


The best one, in shape and colour: Intense Black outside, Mid Shiny Blue (very runny) inside with gold round the top


Matt Turquoise with the top dipped in Cobalt Chun


Barium green glaze with rather too much copper carbonate.


Intense Black with gold, very runny at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment